Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Book Lover's Ball

Tonight I am going to the Toronto Public Library's fundraiser, The Book Lover's Ball, and I am really looking forward to it.

An author is assigned to each table, and at mine is Marina Endicott, who was shortlisted for the Giller Prize. She has lived in BC, Nova Scotia, the Prairies and London, England, and has an acting background, so I am hoping we'll have lots to talk about. Tish Cohen will also be there so I hope to say hi to her. Peter Robinson, one of my favourite mystery writers, will also be there - he once signed one of his books for me "To a Yorkshire lass". And maybe I'll rub shoulders with ex-PM Paul Martin who is also planning to be there. I wonder what he thinks of Harper's deficit budget?

Wouldn't it be great to have a fundraiser for the Student Learning Centre? We could have Ryerson celebrity alumni in attendance; performances by theatre and dance students; and an auction of student artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment