Monday, January 26, 2009

RSS

My goodness this RSS thing got me all of a lather. It doesn't help that its name includes "really simple'. Nor did it help that bloglines kept coming back with a not available screen. However I think I finally have it - with a selection of feeds I have little time to follow!

I see the value - back to the old days of SDI in a way. However I am already suffering information overload and worry if this will make things worse. On the other hand, selective usage could help the library keep on top of new trends. And personally, I like the idea of having the weather forecast and CBC happenings right at my fingertips.

1 comment:

  1. My blogline was acting up too! I'm down to just 2 feeds a day, the weather and the news. Maybe when I'm retired I can follow them all! LOL

    ReplyDelete