Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Social networking

At last I can have a breather and catch up! I have been using Facebook for a long time and already have several 'Facebook friends' from Ryerson library - some even before I came here. What I like best about Facebook is that I am now in regular contact with my extended family. Nieces and nephews who rarely sent the obligatory "Dear Auntie, thanks for the socks" letters after Christmas now write to me regularly, inviting me to join groups of interest to them (usually about their local soccer team or some TV show I don't even see here). It's fun and it really surprises my brothers who don't seem to know how I can know so much about what's happening in their kids' and grandkids' lives. I also love the photos they post. Recently it was thanks to Facebook that I found out my 38 year old niece is going to have a much longed for daughter to join her two sons.

What I like least about Facebook is when people post daft messages to your wall. Usually if I want to contact someone through Facebook I send them a message instead of displaying it for all to read. The only exception to this is when you get a bucketload of wall posts on a birthday - a very enjoyable occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment